Consular Sections of the U.S. Embassy and U.S. Consulates General are responsible for providing visa services to those seeking to enter the United States for a temporary period and for those wishing to take up indefinite or permanent residence in the United States.
If you need help with your visa application or want to learn more about obtaining a visa to travel to the United States, please contact us via any of the means shown below. Visa application services call center agents are available from 8:00AM to 8:00PM from Monday through Friday, able to assist you via telephone or chat.
Telephone: Please contact a customer service representative using one of these telephone numbers:
· Callers in Russia – Please call change+7 (495) 668 1087 for 7 (495) 745 3388 (local) or 8 (800) 100 2554 (ITFN).
· · Callers in the United States – Please call change(718) 425 8337 for 1-703 745 5474.
Visiting U.S. Embassy in Moscow
Consular Section, U.S. Embassy Moscow,
Address: Consular Section, Bolshoy Deviatinsky Pereulok No. 8, 121099 Moscow, Russia
Learn more about U.S. Embassy in Moscow (U.S. Embassy Moscow)
Applicants are not permitted to enter the U.S. Embassy while carrying any of the following items:
* Electronic devices:
** Cellular phones, photo cameras, video cameras, laptop computers, tablets (such as iPads), e-readers, smaller electronic devices such as smartwatches and electronic fitness devices, chargers, wires, USB flash drives, voice recorders, hair dryers, batteries, personal stereos, calculators, headphones, electric razors, electronic cigarettes, etc..
* Large bags and luggage. (Small personal bags such as purses and briefcases are permitted.)
* Sharp items:
** Knives, forks, scissors, nail clippers/files, razors, pins, needles, knitting needles, glass bottles, syringes, etc.
* Flammable items:
** Matches, lighters, flammable liquids, perfume, sprays, lacquers, deodorants, alcohol
* Any weapons or ammunition or explosives of any kind.
* Food items, other than baby food/formula in non-glass containers. Refreshments are available for purchase in the waiting area.
* Liquids that are not thoroughly sealed.
This list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff, and all items brought onto the premises are subject to inspection or search by U.S. Embassy personnel.
Due to security considerations, there is no information window for walk-in visitors at the U.S. Embassy. Only visa applicants with scheduled interviews will be admitted.
Visiting U.S. Consulate General in Yekaterinburg
Visa Section, U.S. Consulate General in Yekaterinburg
Address: 15A Gogolya St., 4th floor, Yekaterinburg 620075, Russia
Learn more about U.S. Consulate General in Yekaterinburg (U.S. Consulate General in Yekaterinburg)
To enter the Consulate, you must pass through several security checks. To speed up the process, we encourage you to limit the amount of jewelry and metal items you bring with you.
All items brought to the U.S. Consulate are subject to inspection or search by U.S. Consulate personnel.
The following items are prohibited inside the Consulate:
· Electronic items including cell phones, tablets, notebooks, cameras, audio and video players, laptops, pagers, MP3 players, portable gaming devices, and smaller electronic devices such as smartwatches and electronic fitness devices. Only medical equipment installed in the body will be allowed after coordination with security personnel.
· Weapons, ammunitions, explosives, items that may be confused for weapons, and replicas of weapons including guns, knives, pepper spray, explosives, metal razors, nail clippers, and scissors.
· Lighters, matches, and any flammable liquids.
· Sealed envelopes, packages, and parcels. (Only opened and inspected envelopes will be allowed.) Absentee ballots for mail by the consular section will be inspected without violating the ballot’s secrecy.
· All who arrive for Consular appointments are reminded that large bags including travel bags, backpacks and briefcases are prohibited. (In limited circumstances, some bags containing emergency medicine required during the appointment or limited baby supplies will be allowed after inspection).
· This list is not exhaustive and security staff may refuse entry with any other item they deem threatening.
The consulate is not equipped with a storage facility for luggage including suitcases or travel bags. Small items such as cellular telephones, tablets, purses, document folders, backpacks or briefcases may be stored in lockers at the building entrance. The Consulate does not take responsibility for any items you chose to leave with other individuals or in storage lockers.
The Consulate regrets that there is no elevator on site and it may be difficult for applicants or visitors with mobility issues to reach the Consulate. We invite visa applicants who are not physically able to walk up four flights of stairs without assistance to schedule their visa appointments in Moscow.
Visiting U.S. Consulate General in Vladivostok
Visa Section, U.S. Consulate General in Vladivostok
Address: 32 Pushkinskaya St., Vladivostok, 690001, Russia
Learn more about U.S. Consulate General in Vladivostok (U.S. Consulate General in Vladivostok)
All visitors to the Consulate are required to undergo a security check. Electronic items, including cell phones, cameras, laptops, MP3 players, and smaller electronic devices such as smartwatches and electronic fitness devices are prohibited in the consular section. Onsite storage capacity for personal items is limited, and the consulate reserves the right to prohibit items deemed to be a safety risk from being allowed into the building. Due to size restrictions and security concerns, individuals who are not themselves applying for a visa may not accompany visa applicants into the visa waiting room. Exceptions can be made for those accompanying minors or applicants who require additional physical assistance. The Consulate has facilities that can accommodate many visitors with mobility disabilities, but unfortunately there are limitations. For more information about accessibility issues, please contact the consular section by phone or email. We appreciate your understanding.