Health and Travel Alert – U.S. Mission Russia (April 7, 2020)
Location: Russia, country-wide
Event: Time Change – Aeroflot Flight to New York JFK at 18:00 Today, April 7
Aeroflot has informed U.S. Mission Russia that the airline has changed the departure time for today’s planned flight from 14:15 to 18:00 (6 p.m.). Ticketing for the flight is open on the Aeroflot website. Per Aeroflot, if the airline is given permission to operate the flight, anyone booked on the flight cancelled on April 3 will be automatically rebooked for today’s flight. Please report to the Sheremetyevo Terminal F Aeroflot ticket counter. Please direct all questions to Aeroflot.
Earlier today, Aeroflot informed U.S. Mission Russia that the airline has requested permission to operate a flight to the United States today, April 7, in order to repatriate Russian citizens from New York. As recently as last night and this morning, the Russian government and Aeroflot denied the existence of a flight today. U.S. Mission Russia continues to vigorously pursue an explanation for yet another inexplicable, last-minute reversal. We will continue to provide information to the U.S. citizen community as it becomes available.
If you would like to attempt to board this flight in lieu of the British Airways charter flights scheduled for Thursday, April 9, please contact Aeroflot customer service directly.
Please refer to the previous MASCOT alert for information on how to register for the Thursday, April 9 British Airways charter flights.
Continued Communication: Also, please continue to monitor our website and ensure you are enrolled in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). We will issue Health and Travel alerts on a regular basis and email you directly when we have additional information regarding charter flights. In case of emergency, please reach out to us via the following points of contact – Emergency Contact List.
Additional Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Russia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Moscow, Russia
Bolshoy Deviatinsky Pereulok No. 8
+7 495 728-5000
Website – U.S. Embassy Moscow
- U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
15 Gogol Street
+7 (343) 379-3001
After hours – +7 (917) 569-3549
Website – U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
- U.S. Consular Agency Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk
Lada Hotel, Suite 210
154 Komsomolskaya Street
+7-4242-42-49-17 (Mondays and Thursdays, 0900-1300)
After hours – +7-914-704-07 62
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- Russia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter