Report your passport lost or stolen immediately to protect yourself from identity theft. Once you report a passport lost or stolen, it is invalid and cannot be used for international travel.
If you lose a U.S. passport while in Russia, you must do the following:
- Report your passport lost or stolen to the Russian police. Carry a police report until you replace the U.S. passport and Russian visa;
- Report the loss to the U.S. Embassy or nearest Consulate General;
- Make ACS appointment;
- Complete DS-11 form online and bring it for the interview;
- Complete DS-64 form online and bring it for the interview;
- Bring proof of U.S. citizenship (original and a copy): U.S. Birth Certificate or CRBA;
- Apply for a new Russian visa upon receiving new U.S. passport.