If you are a U.S. citizen, but have never been issued a U.S. passport, you must follow the next steps:
- Make an ACS appointment;
- Complete DS-11 form online and bring it to the interview;
- Bring proof of U.S. citizenship (original and a copy): U.S. Birth Certificate; U.S. Naturalization Certificate, or U.S. Certificate of Citizenship;
- Bring proof of identity (original and a copy of front page): valid, government issued ID, e.g. foreign passport or driver’s license, ID card);
- Bring one photo;
- Pay the appropriate passport services fee.
- If applying for a child under 16, the presence of the child is required together with both parents. If one parent is unable to attend, please provide Parental Consent for Minors.
- If you are applying for the first passport for a child under the age of 18, who was born overseas, you must first report the child’s birth. Please see our section on Registering the Birth of a U.S. Citizen Abroad.