First Time Passport for an Applicant over 16

  1. Make an ACS appointment;
  2. Complete DS-11 form online and bring it for the interview;
  3. Bring your current U.S. Passport (original and a copy of front page);
  4. Bring proof of U.S. citizenship (original and a copy): U.S. Birth Certificate or CRBA;
  5. Bring parent’s proof of identity (original and a copy of front page): valid, government issued ID, e.g. foreign passport or driver’s license, ID card);
  6. Bring one photo;
  7. Pay the appropriate passport services fee.

Please note:

  • Bring proof if you have changed your name since your previous U.S. passport was issued (original and a copy): marriage certificate, etc.;
  • A parent should accompany minors ages 16-17 or provide a signed statement consenting to issuance of a passport (should be accompanied by a photocopy of that parent’s ID);
  • Adults 18 years and older can apply for US passport alone.