Routine Consular Services
The American Citizen Services Unit is resuming online appointment scheduling for routine passport applications, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, and notarial services.
Click here to schedule an appointment. New appointments are opened periodically when resources permit.
Please use this Passport Wizard tool to determine what type of passport renewal you need.
If you require an emergency passport appointment, send an email including your planned itinerary, reason for travel, and departure date to email@example.com and we will evaluate your request.
CRBAs for children born in Russia may be accepted and processed at Embassies Tbilisi, Tallinn, and Riga.
Fees for all services MUST be paid in Russian rubles in cash ONLY. Exact change is required.
U.S. citizens seeking to register the birth of their child in Russia should review our instructions at this page.
How to Apply for an Emergency Passport Appointment:
The U.S. Embassy will accept emergency passport appointment requests in the following circumstances:
- A demonstrable, life-or-death emergency requiring immediate travel to the U.S. (booking travel with an expired U.S. passport does not qualify).
If you meet the criteria above, you can request an emergency appointment by emailing MoscowACS@state.gov. In the e-mail, please include the following information:
- If renewing, a scanned copy of the U.S. passport to be renewed
- Scanned copy of your Russian visa OR explanation of your emergency situation, with supporting documentation (such as a letter from doctor).
- If a first-time applicant, scans of citizenship evidence such as a U.S. birth certificate
- Copies of both parents’ passports in the case of minor applicants
- Purpose of travel
- Intended dates of travel
- Your country of residence
The e-mail subject line should read: Emergency Passport Appointment Request – (Applicant’s name) – (Applicant’s date of birth), for example, Emergency Passport Appointment Request – John Doe – 01 January 1980.
All emergency passport appointments must be scheduled via email.