- Banking, Mail and Telephone Services
- Associations and Clubs
- Canceling/Replacing Lost/Stolen U.S. Credit Cards and Travelers’ Checks
- Driving Your Car in Russia
- Criminal Records Checks and Fingerprinting
- Getting Married in Russia
- Waivers to the CDC’s COVID-19 Testing Requirement Prior to Arrival in the United States
Russian Federation Country Information sheet contains important details such as the entry and exit requirements, local laws and customs, health conditions, political situation, and crime reports. You will also find the address and phone number of the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. If the situation in a country poses a specific threat to the safety and security of U.S. citizens that is not addressed in the Country Specific Information sheet, the State Department may issue a Travel Advisory, alerting U.S. citizens to local security situations.
These documents are available at: www.travel.state.gov, or by calling the State Department’s Office of Overseas Citizens Services Toll Free at +1 888 407 4747. This number is available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays). Callers who are unable to use toll-free numbers, such as those calling from overseas, may obtain information and assistance during these hours by calling +1 202 501 4444.
The Embassy provides periodic Alerts and Messages to U.S. citizens in Russia. Please find more at Security & Safety Messages.