U.S. Citizen Services

The U.S. Embassy in Moscow has resumed citizenship services. Routine consular services at U.S. Consulate General Vladivostok and U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg are suspended.

All passport appointments must be booked online.

In order to apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, please book an appointment online.

The U.S. Embassy in Moscow is resuming limited emergency notarial services for U.S. citizens seeking Marriage Letters and for parents of U.S. citizens seeking notarization of DS-3053 (Statement of Consent for Issuance of a Passport to a Minor under the Age of 16). In order to request an appointment for a marriage letter or DS-3053, please email moscowacs@state.gov. We are unable to accommodate other types of notarial requests at this time.

Please note: If you are traveling from outside of Moscow to attend an appointment, we highly recommend that you reserve refundable travel. The Embassy may be required to cancel appointments and reduce services at any time due to the uncertainty of the COVID19 situation and significant staffing constraints. If that occurs, we will work to prioritize your case when conditions permit.

Alerts and Messages

See all Messages and Alerts for U.S. Visitors to Russia.