The presence of the child is required together with both parents to renew a passport for an applicant under 16.
If your child was under 5 at the time their last passport was issued, present 1-2 photographs per year from when that passport was issued to present, to show how their appearance has changed (family or informal photographs are acceptable).
- Make an ACS appointment;
- Complete DS-11 form online and bring it to the interview;
- Bring your current U.S. Passport (original and a copy of front page);
- Bring proof of U.S. citizenship (original and a copy): U.S. Birth Certificate or CRBA;
- Bring parent’s proof of identity (original and a copy of front page): valid, government issued ID, e.g. foreign passport or driver’s license, ID card);
- Bring one photo;
- SSN: Fill out the number on the application. If you don’t have one, please fill out this form(MS Word, 14 Kb) and bring it with you.
- Pay the appropriate passport services fee.
- Parental Consent for Minors. If one parent is unable to attend, he/she can give a Statement of Consent.