- Apply for first time passport if child was born in the USA
- Apply for CRBA and for the first passport if child was born in Russia
To apply for first time passport for a child born in the USA, you must schedule an appointment. The presence of the child is required together with both parents. If one parent is unable to attend, he/she can give a Statement of Consent.
- Application Form DS-11 (completed online and printed out)
- Photo identification of the parents
- Your child’s previous passport if any
- Your child’s US birth certificate
The Passport fee is a non-refundable processing fee and is retained by the Department of State whether or not the passport is issued.
Social Security Number
Your passport application may be delayed or denied if you do not provide a Social Security number or a statement declaring that a Social Security number has not been issued to you. For information about obtaining a new or replacement Social Security number and card, please contact the SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) located in Warsaw, Poland.
- Scheduling Appointment in the U.S. Embassy in Moscow
- Scheduling Appointment in the U.S. Consulate General St. Petersburg
- Scheduling Appointment in the U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
- Scheduling Appointment in the U.S. Consulate General Vladivostok
Processing Times & Return of Passport
All passports applications are forward electronically to the National Passport Center in the United States. You can check your passport application status via U.S. Passport Application Status https://passportstatus.state.gov/
The National Passport Center will typically deliver a full validity passport to the Embassy in Moscow within approximately ten business days from the date of approval. You will receive an automatic notification once the passport is received by the U.S. Citizen Services Unit. If you do not receive a notification within ten business days, please send an inquiry to MoscowACS@state.gov.
The new passport can be delivered via Pony Express within three business days or can be picked up at the U.S. Citizen Services Unit during working hours except for U.S and Russian Holidays.
- Online appointments are not necessary to collect new passports;
- Please bring your original passport (if applicable) and your fee receipt to present to our guards;
If applied on behalf of a minor, one parent may pick up the new passport. Please bring your ID, child’s original passport (if applicable) and a fee receipt to present to our guards.