- Banking, Mail and Telephone Services
- Associations and Clubs
- Canceling/Replacing Lost/Stolen U.S. Credit Cards and Travelers’ Checks
- Driving Your Car in Russia
- Criminal Records Checks and Fingerprinting
- Getting Married in Russia
- Waivers to the CDC’s COVID-19 Testing Requirement Prior to Arrival in the United States
U.S. citizens are occasionally asked to present a criminal records check in connection with a visa application to live and work in Russia. Such certifications must come from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and almost always require a fingerprint check.
For years the International Organization for Migration (IOM) in Moscow has remained the only entity that provided fingerprint services for U.S. citizens in Russia. The IOM is located at Stasovoy street building 4, Business Center Donskoy Pоsad, the nearest metro station is Leninskiy Prospekt (approximately 10 minutes walk distance) and requires a prior appointment to be made via e-mail at MoscowFP@iom.int .
Please see the Department of State’s webpage on Criminal Records Checks for more information on obtaining FBI and local criminal records checks in the United States.