Travel and Health Alert – U.S. Mission Russia (July 6, 2021)
Location: Russia, country-wide
Event: U.S. Citizens Permitted to Enter the Russian Federation
According to the Decree of the Russian Federation No. 1745-r, U.S. citizens are now permitted to travel to the Russian Federation under certain conditions. For more information, please also see the website of the Embassy of the Russian Federation in the United States. The U.S. Embassy in Moscow has received reports that U.S. citizens transiting through certain third countries to the Russian Federation have been denied entry. It appears that U.S. citizens are permitted to enter the Russian Federation only from countries with which the Russian Federation has officially resumed flight connections. To review the list of countries, please see the following website.
The Russian government requires that all foreign travelers present a negative PCR COVID-19 test result upon arrival, dated no later than three days prior to arrival in Russia.
The State Department’s travel advisory for the Russian Federation remains at Level 4: Do Not Travel. The State Department recommends that U.S. citizens do not travel to Russia due to terrorism, harassment by Russian government security officials, the embassy’s limited ability to assist U.S. citizens in Russia, and the arbitrary enforcement of local law. The Russian Federation is one of the countries most affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The State Department advises U.S. citizens to reconsider travel to the Russian Federation due to the worsening epidemiological situation.
Additional Actions to Take:
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Russia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Moscow, Russia
Bolshoy Deviatinsky Pereulok No. 8
+7 495 728-5000
Website – U.S. Embassy Moscow
- State Department – Consular Affairs