According to press reports, bomb threats have been reported at three Moscow airports: Sheremetyevo, Vnukovo, and Zhukovsky. There threats have led to evacuations at these locations. Please be advised that anyone planning to use these airports today (Friday October 6, 2017) could experience travel delays and increased police presence.
The U.S. Embassy reminds U.S. citizens to remain aware of their surroundings including local events, maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance personal security. Monitor local news stations for updates and comply with evacuation orders issued by government authorities.
Police officers will likely be conducting regular identification checks near the sites of the threats and evacuations. U.S. citizens are reminded to carry their passport or another official form of identification with them at all times.
For further information:
- State Department’s travel websitefor the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and the Country-Specific Information Sheet for the Russian Federation.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Moscow, located at 21 Novinsky Blvd. in Moscow, at +7 (495) 728-5577, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. weekdays or by e-mail at email@example.com visit the Embassy website at https://ru.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +7 (495) 728 5000 after 6:00 p.m. and on weekends and holidays.
- U.S. Consulate General St. Petersburg: The U.S. Consulate General in St. Petersburg is located at 15 Furshtatskaya Street, Tel: +7 (812) 331-2600. You may contact the Consulate’s ACS unit by e-mail at StPetersburgACS@state.gov, or by fax at +7 (812) 331-2646, or visit the Consulate website. For after-hours emergencies, call +7 (812) 331-2600 and listen to the recorded message for the Duty Officer’s cell phone number.
- U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg: The U.S. Consulate General in Yekaterinburg is located at 15 Gogolya Street, Tel: +7 (343) 379-3001. You may contact the Consulate’s ACS Unit by e-mail at ConsulYekat@state.govor by fax at +7 (343) 379-4515, or visit the Consulate’s website at https://ru.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/yekaterinburg.
For after-hours emergencies, you may call the Duty Officer at +7 (917) 569-3549.
- U.S. Consulate General Vladivostok: The U.S. Consulate General is located at 32 Pushkinskaya Street, Vladivostok, Russia 690001, Tel.: +7 (423) 230-0070. You may contact the Consulate’s ACS unit by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax at: +7 (423) 230-0091, or by visiting our website, https://ru.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/vladivostok.The after-hours Emergency telephone number for U.S. Citizens is: +7 (914) 791-0067.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook.