Event: U.S. citizens should not travel to Russia and those residing or travelling in Russia should depart Russia immediately while limited commercial travel options are still available. The Department of State provides information on commercial travel on the Information for U.S. Citizens in Russia – Travel Options Out of Russia page on travel.state.gov. This page is updated daily by 3:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
The Travel Options out of Russia page also provides information on requirements for entering neighboring countries, procedures for travel on expired U.S. passports in some circumstances, and visa requirements for families with American and Russian citizen family members.
Actions To Take:
- Read the Department’s Travel Advisory for Russia.
- Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Russian visa.
- Have a contingency plan that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- U.S. Embassy Moscow, Russia
Telephone: +(7) (495) 728-5577; After hours: +(7) (495) 728-5000
Website: U.S. Embassy Moscow
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
- Telephone: +1 202-501-4444 (overseas) or +1 888-407-4747 (from the U.S.)
- Russia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter