Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Moscow, Russia (February 09, 2022)
Location: Throughout Russia
The U.S. Embassy reminds U.S. citizens that the Department of State’s Travel Advisory level for Russia is at “Level 4: Do Not Travel” for reasons including harassment against U.S. citizens, harassment by Russian government security officials, and the arbitrary enforcement of local law, as well as increased tensions along the border with Ukraine. Russian officials have unreasonably delayed U.S. consular assistance to detained U.S. citizens and have arrested U.S. citizens on spurious charges, denied them fair and transparent treatment, and have convicted them in secret trials and/or without presenting evidence. Click here for the full text of the Travel Advisory, for Russia.
If you decide to travel to Russia:
Read the country information page. Familiarize yourself with information on what the U.S. government can and cannot do to assist you overseas.
- Carry proper Identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Russian visa.
- If you are detained, ask the police or prison officials to notify the U.S. Embassy or Consulate immediately.
- U.S. Embassy Moscow
- Bolshoy Deviatinsky Pereulok No. 8 Moscow 121099, Russian Federation
- Telephone: +(7) (495) 728-5000 or +(7) (495) 728-5577
- Email: email@example.com
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
- Tel.: +1 (888)-407-4747 or +1 (202)-501-4444