Location: Russia, countrywide
Event: According to local media reports, dozens of locations throughout Russia recently received telephonic bomb threats. The targeted facilities included court houses, shopping centers, and airports. In all instances, police sweeps of the area did not detect the presence of explosive devices and the calls were considered hoaxes.
Local police authorities must treat each event as a real threat and are required to inspect and often evacuate the targeted venue.
Actions to Take:
- Evacuate to a safe area if instructed to do so by police or security services.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Report suspicious activities to law enforcement/security personnel.
- Monitor local media for updates.
U.S. Embassy Moscow, Russia
- +7 495 728-5000
- After Hours Emergency Line: +7 495 728-5000
- Website – S. Embassy Moscow
U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
- +7 (343) 379-3001
- Afterhours – +7 (917) 569-3549
- Website – U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
U.S. Consulate General Vladivostok
- +7 (423) 230-0070
- Afterhours – +7 (914) 791-0067
- Website – U.S. Consulate General Vladivostok
State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Russia Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates