Location: Multiple Russian airports.
Event: There are reports of Russian attacks on targets in several Ukrainian cities, including Kyiv. As part of its military invasion of Ukraine, the government of Russia imposed airspace restrictions and closed a number of Russian commercial airports until at least March 2. Additional airport closures and restrictions to Russian airspace may occur with little or no notice. Airports currently closed include:
- Rostov-on-Don (Platov)
- Krasnodar (Pashkovsky)
- Anapa (Vityazevo)
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of Russia along its border with Ukraine.
- Monitor local and international media for updates.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Russian visa.
- Have a contingency plan that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- U.S. Embassy Moscow, Russia
+(7) (495) 728-5577
After hours – +(7) (495) 728-5000
Website – U.S. Embassy Moscow
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Russia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter