Event: The Russian Federation allows U.S. citizens with a FAN ID multiple entries into Russia until the end of the year. However, all U.S. citizens entering on the FAN ID must depart the Russian Federation by December 31, 2018.
U.S. Citizens who entered the Russian Federation on a FAN ID in order to attend the FIFA World Cup must depart before midnight on December 31, 2018. U.S. citizens who overstay their FAN ID:
· will pay a fine.
· will require an exit visa, which can take up to 20 days while they remain in Russia at their own expense.
· may face difficulties when checking into a hotel or other lodging establishments.
· may be detained and questioned by Russian migration officials.
· may be held in a migration detention center while their case is under investigation.
· may be required to appear before a judge, and hearings may span several days.
· may be deported and banned from re-entering for five years.
Actions to Take:
· Depart Russia on or before December 31, 2018, if you entered on a FAN ID.
· Obtain a Russian visa if you plan to stay in Russia past December 31, 2018.
U.S. Embassy Moscow, Russia
+(7) (495) 728-5577
Afterhours – +(7) (495) 728-5000
Website – U.S. Embassy Moscow
U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
+7 (343) 379-3001
Afterhours – +7 (917) 569-3549
Website – U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
U.S. Consulate General Vladivostok
+7 (423) 230-0070
Afterhours – +7 (914) 791-0067
Website – U.S. Consulate General Vladivostok
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Russia Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates