Beginning May 15, 2019, U.S. Embassy Moscow increased its capacity to accept nonimmigrant visa applications that do not require an in-person interview at the Embassy (Interview Waiver cases) by 100 per day. As a result, the wait to submit an application to renew a nonimmigrant visa consular section without appearing for an interview in Moscow will be significantly reduced, and the Embassy will be able to process 24,000 more visa applications per year.
In order to qualify for an Interview Waiver submission, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- All ten fingerprints were captured at a prior consular interview
- Your most recent visa is currently valid or you are applying within 11 months of the expiration of that visa. For example, if your current visa expired November 15, 2018, you have until October 15, 2019 to renew your visa through this program
- You are applying for the exact same type of visa as your current/previous visa
- Your visa does not have Clearance Received annotated on it
- You reside in the Russian Federation
If any of the above conditions are not met then you must schedule an interview.
Additionally, if you are a child younger than 14 years of age or an adult age 80 and older, you may submit your nonimmigrant visa application through the interview waiver process.
Note: Using the interview waiver service does not guarantee visa issuance. In some cases, you may be required to appear for a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate, for example, if you submit an incomplete and/or inaccurate application. Submit your application well in advance of your planned travel to allow for the possibility that a visa interview will be necessary.
For more information, please visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/ru-niv-visarenew.asp.