Location: Russia, country-wide
Event: Routine Aeroflot Flights to New York (JFK)
Aeroflot continues to operate weekly flights to the United States. Most of these flights route from Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport (SVO) directly to New York (JFK). Due to the consistency of these flights and the availability of tickets for purchase on Aeroflot’s website, the Embassy will no longer be sending out Health and Travel Alerts announcing individual flights.
U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents desiring to return to the United States should continue to search Aeroflot’s website for upcoming flights.
Aeroflot direct flights from Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport (SVO) to New York (JFK) are scheduled to depart on Sunday, June 21, and Tuesday, June 23, at 14:15. Tickets are still on sale via Aeroflot’s website.
Please note that the Embassy is not creating lists of potential passengers, nor are we involved in the selection or ticketing of passengers for Aeroflot flights. We understand that Aeroflot customer service sometimes mistakenly refers customers to the Embassy. Please contact Aeroflot directly to book these flights.
Important information for U.S. citizen and legal permanent residents traveling to or residing in Moscow:
Please note that you are still required to wear masks and gloves outdoors and in public buildings and are encouraged to maintain a 1.5 meter (six feet) distance from others at all times until further notice. Further, the CDC continues to recommend that all U.S. citizens continue to practice physical distancing in their daily lives.
The U.S. Embassy in Moscow and U.S. Consulate General in Yekaterinburg continue to operate with only limited staff. U.S. government employees in Russia are restricted in their travel and activities in light of the continued high infection rates in the country. Only emergency services for U.S. citizens are available. Visa services remain suspended. The U.S. Consulate General in Vladivostok has temporarily suspended operations.
Additional Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Russia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Moscow, Russia
Bolshoy Deviatinsky Pereulok No. 8
+7 495 728-5000
Website – U.S. Embassy Moscow
- U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
15 Gogol Street
+7 (343) 379-3001
After hours – +7 (917) 569-3549
Website – U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
- U.S. Consular Agency Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk
Lada Hotel, Suite 210
154 Komsomolskaya Street
+7-4242-42-49-17 (Mondays and Thursdays, 0900-1300)
After hours – +7-914-704-07 62
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- Russia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter