Health and Travel Alert – U.S. Mission Russia (June 8, 2020)
Location: Russia, country-wide
Event: Upcoming Aeroflot flights to New York on June 9 and June 14
Aeroflot direct flight from Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport (SVO) to New York (JFK) are scheduled to depart on Tuesday, June 9, and on Sunday, June 14, at 14:15. Tickets are on sale via Aeroflot’s website.
Please note that the Embassy is not creating lists of potential passengers, nor are we involved in the selection or ticketing of passengers for Aeroflot flights. We understand that Aeroflot customer service sometimes mistakenly refers customers to the Embassy. Please contact Aeroflot directly to book this flight.
We do not have plans to organize additional charter flights at this time. We encourage all U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States to take advantage of Aeroflot’s limited commercial flights.
Important information for U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents traveling to Moscow in order to depart the Russian Federation via commercial flights:
The Moscow City government implemented an electronic pass system to regulate vehicular travel within and into the city on April 15. The new rules apply to all movements via car, taxi, motorcycle, bicycle, scooter, or any form of public transit. All individuals traveling to or from Moscow airports or railway stations must have a digital pass for the trip. This pass can be applied for via the Moscow City website or text message. Details and instructions on the electronic pass system can be found at the Moscow City electronic pass website (English)/(Russian). The Embassy encourages all travelers to visit the site and read the requirements in full.
Please see the Moscow City government’s website on COVID-19 for additional information. If you live in or are visiting a location outside of Moscow, please check with the local government for applicable restrictions and guidelines.
Additional Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Russia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Moscow, Russia
Bolshoy Deviatinsky Pereulok No. 8
+7 495 728-5000
Website – U.S. Embassy Moscow
- U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
15 Gogol Street
+7 (343) 379-3001
After hours – +7 (917) 569-3549
Website – U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
- U.S. Consular Agency Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk
Lada Hotel, Suite 210
154 Komsomolskaya Street
+7-4242-42-49-17 (Mondays and Thursdays, 0900-1300)
After hours – +7-914-704-07 62
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.