Health and Travel Alert – U.S. Mission Russia (April 14, 2020)
Location: Russia, country-wide
Event: Confirmed Aeroflot Flight to the United States at 14:15 Today
Aeroflot has just informed U.S. Mission Russia that the airline will run a commercial flight to New York-JFK airport at 14:15 (2:15 p.m.) today, April 14. All tickets must be purchased directly from Aeroflot’s website or their ticketing counter. Please direct all questions to Aeroflot. The U.S. Embassy is not involved in the selection of passengers for this flight.
Future Aeroflot flights are likely to be announced on short notice, with limited time to purchase tickets and check in at the airport. Given this unpredictability, the Embassy may not be able to provide advance notification of flights to our U.S. citizen community. For those who wish to depart Russia, we strongly recommend checking Aeroflot’s website regularly for flight availability.
There are press reports of possible future flights on Aeroflot to London and Amsterdam, in addition to New York. We will update the U.S. citizen community as more information becomes available. If you learn of an outgoing flight, please do alert us at MoscowACS@state.gov so that we may share the information as widely as possible.
Continued Communication: Also, please continue to monitor our website and ensure you are enrolled in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). We will issue Health and Travel alerts on a regular basis and email you directly when we have additional information regarding charter flights. In case of emergency, please reach out to us via the following points of contact – Emergency Contact List.
Additional Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Russia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Moscow, Russia
Bolshoy Deviatinsky Pereulok No. 8
+7 495 728-5000
Website – U.S. Embassy Moscow
U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
15 Gogol Street
+7 (343) 379-3001
After hours – +7 (917) 569-3549
Website – U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
U.S. Consular Agency Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk
Lada Hotel, Suite 210
154 Komsomolskaya Street
+7-4242-42-49-17 (Mondays and Thursdays, 0900-1300)
After hours – +7-914-704-07 62
State Department – Consular Affairs
- Russia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.