Health and Travel Alert – U.S. Mission Russia (April 10, 2020)
Location: Russia, country-wide
Event: Limited Commercial Flights
We are following reports of limited commercial flights on Aeroflot to Europe and the United States. These flights are planned to repatriate Russian citizens, but you may be able to buy tickets directly from Aeroflot. Aeroflot flights are likely to be announced on short notice, with limited time to purchase tickets and check-in at the airport. Given this unpredictability, the Embassy may not be able to provide advance notification of flights to our American citizen community. For those who wish to depart Russia, we strongly recommend checking Aeroflot’s website regularly for flight availability.
We are actively tracking a tentative Aeroflot to New York on April 14. As of April 10, that flight is not advertised on Aeroflot’s website. We have asked the Russian Ministry of Foreign Relations to confirm when tickets will be available for sale to the public.
As of April 10, Aeroflot is selling tickets for a direct flight to Madrid, Spain on April 13. Please plan carefully onward travel to the United States before booking a flight through Europe. The U.S. Embassy in Madrid reports that currently there are no direct flights from Madrid to the United States. You would need to book onward travel from Madrid through another European city. Please review complete information about travel restrictions for possible transit countries.
There are press reports of possible future flights on Aeroflot to London and Amsterdam, in addition to New York. We will update the U.S. citizen community as more information becomes available. If you learn of an outgoing flight, please do alert us at MoscowACS@state.gov so that we may share the information as widely as possible.
Continued Communication: Also, please continue to monitor our website and ensure you are enrolled in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). We will issue Health and Travel alerts on a regular basis and email you directly when we have additional information regarding charter flights. In case of emergency, please reach out to us via the following points of contact – Emergency Contact List.
Additional Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Russia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Moscow, Russia
Bolshoy Deviatinsky Pereulok No. 8
+7 495 728-5000
Website – U.S. Embassy Moscow
- U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
15 Gogol Street
+7 (343) 379-3001
After hours – +7 (917) 569-3549
Website – U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
- U.S. Consular Agency Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk
Lada Hotel, Suite 210
154 Komsomolskaya Street
+7-4242-42-49-17 (Mondays and Thursdays, 0900-1300)
After hours – +7-914-704-07 62
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- Russia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter