Health Alert – U. S. Embassy Moscow, Russia (16 December 2021)
Event: Health Exams Requirements for Foreigners: Effective December 29, all foreigners working in Russia for a period over 90 days will be required to undergo quarterly comprehensive health examinations, including tests for sexually transmitted diseases, under a new law designed to improve health safety in the country. For more information on the law see: Federal Law dated 01.07.2021 No. 274-FZ ∙ Official publication of legal acts ∙ Official Internet portal of legal information (pravo.gov.ru).
Actions to Take:
· Monitor local media for updates.
· Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
· Carry proper Identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Russian visa
· U.S. Embassy Moscow, Russia
Bolshoi Deviatinsky Pereulok No. 8
+7 495 728-5000
Website – U.S. Embassy Moscow
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment System (STEP) to receive Alerts