The Social Security Administration (SSA) has consolidated its overseas operations into several regional offices that provide a full range of SSA services for U.S. citizens residing outside of the United States. Effective October 1 2017, individuals residing in Russia who require social security services or have questions about SSA benefits must contact the SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) located in Poland, rather than Russia.
Please be advised that as of October 1, Posts in Russia can no longer accept telephone calls, emails, or walk-in consultations regarding Social Security issues.
For more information or any questions about the services provided at the FBU in Poland and how to contact them, please visit their webpage at https://pl.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/social-security/. You can also reach them by their Online Contact Form, or fax +48 22 504 2281.
For comprehensive information on SSA’s services abroad, please visit SSA’s webpage, “Service Around the World.”
If you are already receiving SSA benefits payments, there will be no change in the method of distribution of those payments.
For further information:
- State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and the Country-Specific Information Sheet for the Russian Federation.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Moscow, located at 19-23 Novinsky Blvd. in Moscow, at +7 (495) 728-5000, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. weekdays or by e-mail at email@example.com or visit the Embassy website at https://ru.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +7 (495) 728 5000 after 6:00 p.m. and on weekends and holidays.
- U.S. Consulate General St. Petersburg: The U.S. Consulate General in St. Petersburg is located at 15 Furshtatskaya Street, Tel: +7 (812) 331-2600. You may contact the Consulate’s ACS unit by e-mail at StPetersburgACS@state.gov , or by fax at +7 (812) 331-2646, or visit the Consulate website. For after-hours emergencies, call +7 (812) 331-2600 and listen to the recorded message for the Duty Officer’s cell phone number.
- U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg: The U.S. Consulate General in Yekaterinburg is located at 15 Gogolya Street, Tel: +7 (343) 379-3001. You may contact the Consulate’s ACS Unit by e-mail at ConsulYekat@state.gov or by fax at +7 (343) 379-4515, or visit the Consulate’s website at https://ru.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/yekaterinburg. For after-hours emergencies, you may call the Duty Officer at +7 (917) 569-3549.
- U.S. Consulate General Vladivostok: The U.S. Consulate General is located at 32 Pushkinskaya Street, Vladivostok, Russia 690001, Tel.: +7 (423) 230-0070. You may contact the Consulate’s ACS unit by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax at: +7 (423) 230-0091, or by visiting our website, https://ru.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/vladivostok. The after-hours Emergency telephone number for U.S. Citizens is: +7 (914) 791-0067.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.