UNITED STATES CONSULATE GENERAL ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA
Emergency Message to U.S. Citizens: Metro Explosion; All Metro Stations Closed
April 3, 2017
Media reports at least one explosion and injuries at or between the Sennaya and Technological Institute Metro stations. We ask U.S. Citizens who are safe and unharmed to contact family and friends directly to advise them of your safety and whereabouts. All Metro stations are now closed in St. Petersburg. For your safety, avoid any police activity for the rest of the day and monitor local media for further information.
St. Petersburg has established hotlines in connection with the subway explosions. You can find out about the victims by calling the following phone numbers:
- +7 (812) 299-99-99 – GU EMERCOM of Russia in St. Petersburg, (Emercom, St Pete)
- +7 (495) 983-79-01 – Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Russian Federation, (EmerCom, Russia)
- +7 (499) 216-99-99 – Telephone hotline of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Russian Federation.
Review your personal security plans and remain aware of your surroundings, including local events. Maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
For more information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country-Specific Information Sheet for the Russian Federation.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Moscow, located at 21 Novinsky Blvd. in Moscow, at +7 (495) 728-5577, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. weekdays or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Embassy website. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +7 (495) 728 5000 after 6:00 p.m. and on weekends and holidays.
- U.S. Consulate General St. Petersburg:
The U.S. Consulate General in St. Petersburg is located at 15 Furshatskaya Street, Tel: +7 (812) 331-2600. You may contact the Consulate’s ACS unit by e-mail at StPetersburgACS@state.gov , or by fax at +7 (812) 331-2646, or visit the Consulate website. For after-hours emergencies, call +7 (812) 331-2600 and listen to the recorded message for the Duty Officer’s cell phone number.
- U.S. Consulate General Vladivostok
The U.S. Consulate General is located at 32 Pushkinskaya Street, Vladivostok, Russia 690001, Tel.: +7 (423) 230-0070, fax: +7 (423) 230-0091, Emergency telephone: +7 (914) 791-0067 (24 hours)
- U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg:
The U.S. Consulate General in Yekaterinburg is located at 15 Gogolya Street, Tel: +7 (343) 793-001. You may contact the Consulate’s ACS Unit by e-mail at ConsulYekat@state.gov or by fax at +7 (343) 379-4515, or visit the Consulate’s webpage.
For after-hours emergencies, you may call the Duty Officer at +7 (917) 569-3549.