Non-Emergency Telephone Inquiries:
Tel.: +7 (812) 331-2600
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9:30am-12:30pm
For emergency assistance after hours, American citizens may call +7 921 939 5794. You may also contact the Bureau of Consular Affairs of the U.S. Department of State for assistance at 888-407-4747 (U.S. toll free number) or at 317-472-2328 (from overseas).
American Citizens with an emergency during regular office hours (Monday-Friday: 9am-5:30pm, excluding Russian and U.S. holidays) are welcome to telephone the American Citizen Services Unit at +7 (812) 331-2600. Our address is 15 Furshtatskaya St., St. Petersburg 191028, Russia.
For non-emergency issues, please make an appointment.
These telephone numbers are NOT for visa inquiries. For visa information see http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru or call the visa call center at
8-800-100-2554 (within Russia) or 1-703-745-5474 (from the U.S.)
Services And Useful Information
- Arrests and Legal Disputes
- Birth of an American Citizen Abroad
- Criminal Records Checks and Fingerprinting (PDF – 45 KB)
- Death of American Citizens Abroad
- Family Emergencies, Civil Disturbances, and Disasters
- Federal Benefits
- Notarial Services
- Passport Services
- Selective Service
- Sign Up with the Consulate – Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
- U.S. Taxes
- What we cannot do
- Apostilles and Document Legalization
- Consulates in St. Petersburg (PDF – 40 KB)
- Canceling/Replacing Lost/Stolen U.S. Credit Cards and Travelers’ Checks (PDF – 53 KB)
- Crime Reporting (PDF – 278 KB)
- Disposition of Remains Report (Mortuary Service Information) (PDF – 135 KB)
- Dual Nationality
- Hotels in St. Petersburg (PDF – 239 KB)
- Information for Travelers to St. Petersburg (PDF – 381 KB)
- Internet Dating Scams
- Lawyer’s List (PDF – 55 KB)
- A Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Travel Information
- Medical List (PDF – 217 KB)
- Special Entry/Exit Requirements for International Cruise Ship Passengers
- Translation companies in St. Petersburg (PDF – 39 KB)
- Traveling with pets
The American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit of the U.S. Consulate General in St. Petersburg has introduced an Appointment System for all services, including passport renewals Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, notarial services, and other inquiries. Please make your appointment before you visit the Consular Section.
For emergency services, call the Consulate at +7 (812) 331-2600 and ask for American Citizen Services.
Please note that if you are coming to the Consulate for notarials, Social Security benefits, voting assistance services, or other services not otherwise listed, please choose “Request notarial and other services not listed above.”
The American Citizen Services unit does not handle inquiries regarding Russian citizens applying for U.S. tourist visas. Please see the information on visas instead.
If you are an American Citizen inquiring about marriage to a foreign citizen or immigrant visas for non-American relatives, please visit U.S. Embassy Moscow’s immigrant visa website instead.
Only customers with appointments will be admitted into the Consular Section. Appointments may be made at any time via the link below. Appointments are available Tuesday or Thursday afternoons. To make an appointment, please follow this link: Make an Appointment Now!
Dear customers, please note you will be denied entry to the Consulate if you try to enter with the following:
- Mace & pepper spray
- Flammable or hazardous materials
- Electronic devices
- Large bags/suitcases
- Musical instruments
Please make sure to switch off your cellular phone!