The U.S. Consulate General in St. Petersburg is responsible for providing services to American and Russian residents of the area in North-West Russia. This area has been formally designated as the Consulate’s Consular District. It includes 10 subjects of the Russian Federation (the equivalents of American states) listed below in alphabetic order:
- Arkhangelsk Oblast* is a federal subject of Russia. Arkhangelsk city is the administrative center of the oblast.
- Kaliningrad Oblast is the federal subject of Russia on the Baltic coast. Its largest city and the administrative center is Kaliningrad.
- Leningrad Oblast – the administrative center is Saint Petersburg, although it constitutes a separate federal subject (a federal city) and is administratively separate from the oblast.
- Murmansk Oblast is a federal subject of Russia. Its administrative center is Murmansk.
- Nenets Autonomous Okrug is an autonomous district of Arkhangelsk oblast. Naryan-Mar city is the administrative center.
- Novgorod Oblast – the administrative center is the city of Veliky Novgorod.
- Pskov Oblast is a federal subject of Russia. Its administrative center is the city of Pskov.
- Republic of Karelia is a federal subject of the Russian Federation (a republic). Its capital is Petrozavodsk.
- St. Petersburg is a city and a federal subject of Russia.
- Vologda Oblast is a federal subject of Russia. Its administrative center is the city of Vologda.
*If you click on the name of the region, you will get to its official website.