The Russian Business Leaders Virtual Program – 2021 is a program for young Russian business persons and entrepreneurs with at least two years of demonstrated leadership experience in the fields of business, entrepreneurship, innovation, social entrepreneurship, regional economic development and technology.
RBL Virtual will provide participants with an array of modern business tools, concepts, and principles that will strengthen their leadership and technical abilities through community learning, interaction with U.S. business experts and practitioners, the RBL Virtual program will support building enduring professional relationships between Americans and Russians who share an interest in driving economic development forward.
The program will include a 12 week long virtual entrepreneurship curricula provided by U.S. experts which is carefully designed and aligned with participants levels, a consecutive four week long professional fellowship with a U.S. mentor and relevant online enhancement activities. Virtual component of the program is tentatively scheduled to take place from the beginning of September to the end of November 2021. Time commitment for the whole program is approximately 40 hours. Based on the results of the virtual entrepreneurship course and professional fellowship, participants will take part in a video pitch competition. The winners of the competition (approximately 25% of the participants ) will be considered for an in-person programing opportunity focused on entrepreneurship and innovation (location and time will be determined at a later time and will be contingent on global travel safety policies).
- To increase the capacity of Russian entrepreneurs, innovators, and business professionals from diverse backgrounds and to grow their businesses and become influential leaders and drivers of economic development and innovation.
- To provide young business leaders with the skills, knowledge, and inspiration to foster entrepreneurship, engage in new forms of innovation, strengthen leadership abilities, stimulate economic growth and development in Russia, and establish productive ties with American society
- Create partnerships between companies and young entrepreneurs in the United States and Russia
- To further strengthen a dynamic, engaged, and resilient network of entrepreneurs, innovators and business leaders across Russia
To be eligible for the Russian Business Leaders program, applicants must:
- Be a citizen and current resident of Russia. Applicants living outside Russia or on a long term program outside Russia will not be considered eligible to apply;
- Be between 22 and 35 years of age at ANY time of the application period (be born on/after April 2, 1985 and no later than February 5, 1999);
- Be proficient in English; and
- Have at least two years of relevant experience in and commitment to a career in business, entrepreneurship, social media, innovation, social entrepreneurship, or regional economic development.
Individuals in the following circumstances are NOT eligible to apply to participate as fellows in the Russian Business Leaders program:
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the United States
- Individuals currently participating in in-person academic, training, research programs, or who are currently working in the United States
- Individuals who have already been recipients of and participated in the Russian Business Leaders program
- Individuals currently residing or working outside Russia
- Persons arrested for, charged with, or convicted of a crime as further detailed by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
For more information please visit www.RussianBusinessLeaders.org
Contact us at RBL@americancouncils.org