The 2024 Russia Youth Environmental Program application is now open!
The Russian Youth Environmental Program (RYEP) is designed to foster greater understanding between the people of the United States and Russia and provide Russian youth with an international forum to discuss environmental issues. The program focuses on environmental sustainability and considers how individual, community, corporate, and global practices can better contribute to the health and sustainability of the world. Russian participants learn more about environmental sustainability, gain exposure to successful youth-led environmental and community service projects, and examine the topics of community engagement and citizen participation.
RYEP will bring about 40 Russians ages 18-22 to the United States for a four-week in-person summer program which will include:
- Classes at an American university aimed at deepening environmental stewardship knowledge.
- Connecting Russian participants with American environmental professionals and American college students.
- Leadership skills development.
- A stay with an American host family.
RYEP covers the participant costs, including international travel, ground transportation, lodging and meals in the U.S.
Application for participation in RYEP is open to candidates who meet the following requirements: :
- 18 – 22 years old (by June 18, 2024);
- A citizen and a current resident of the Russian Federation.
- Residing in Russia at the time of this application process and through the end of 2024.
- Involved in environmental projects in the local community and willing to participate in or implement ecological community projects upon returning to Russia.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Eligible to receive a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa.
- Available to travel to the United States for 4 weeks between July-August 2024.
- Willing to live with a host family in the United States.
- Committed to returning to Russia immediately after completion of the program.
- Is not an earlier alumni of the RYEP Program.
Further questions regarding the application please address firstname.lastname@example.org