The Professional Fellows Program affords promising young professionals from Russia the opportunity to gain practical experience in, and exposure to, United States policies related to innovation and entrepreneurship. The knowledge and interest of these young Eurasian professionals in American policies to the above-mentioned areas will be expanded through short-term fellowships in a variety of American organizations and state bodies across the United States that address innovation/entrepreneurship policy issues. In addition, Professional Fellows will also have the opportunity to invite their U.S. supervisors to their home region to develop a mutually beneficial short-term project on innovation/entrepreneurship.
To be eligible for the PFP, applicant must:
- Be a citizen and current resident of Russia;
- Be 25 to 35 years of age at the time of the program;
- Be proficient in English;
- Have relevant experience in and commitment to a career in innovation/entrepreneurship in the public and private sector;
- Be able to apply US experience towards innovation/entrepreneurship policy development in Russia.
- Be involved (full time or part time) in the ecosystem or policy-making in the innovation and entrepreneurship sector (i.e., accelerators, incubators, mentors, non-profits, government offices, private business etc.) Entrepreneurs are eligible to apply for the program!
- Be involved (full time or part time) in private business which supports and impacts innovation and entrepreneurship in Russia
- Be involved (full time or part time) in private business which uses and employs innovative entrepreneurship tools to promote business development in Russia
Participants are selected through a competitive application process. Fellows will travel in two delegations (spring and fall) for a total of six weeks.
For more information on this program and how to apply, please visit: http://professionalfellows.americancouncils.org/
If you have further questions, please contact: PFP@americancouncils.org