The Information Resources Center (IRC) of the Public Affairs Section offers current, trustworthy information about areas of bilateral interest, U.S. policies, legislation and social topics. Through its products and services, the IRC seeks to fill the information needs of a select public, thus contributing to the understanding of U.S. policies and the intellectual context in which they are developed.
The IRC’s services are based on high-quality resources. The IRC has access to such on-line databases as Lexis-Nexis, Factiva, Galenet, etc. as well as an up-to-date reference collection.
The Information Resource Center (IRC) can provide the following information:
- A speech or statement by the U.S. President, Secretary of State, or other Cabinet member;
- Information about the U.S. Senate, House of Representatives, or Executive branch;
- U.S. legislation and regulations;
- U.S. policy toward Russia, the European Union, or any other region;
- Recent and archived articles from leading American newspapers, journals, and other publications;
- The latest U.S. trade statistics and economic indicators;
- Biographical information about American political, cultural, or business leaders.