Demonstration Alert: U.S. Mission Russia (July 18, 2020)
Location: Khabarovsk and Vladivostok, Russia
Event: The Embassy is aware of reports that protests may take place at Lenin Square in Khabarovsk and Revolution Square in Vladivostok on Saturday,July 18, around 12:00 p.m. local time. Earlier protests in Khabarovsk also included marches from Lenin Square up Muravyeva-Amurskogo Street and Turgeneva Street toward the Spaso-Preobrazhensky Cathedral. U.S. citizens should avoid these demonstrations and any other demonstration-related activities.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid the areas.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Russian visa.
- U.S. Embassy Moscow, Russia
Bolshoy Deviatinsky Pereulok No. 8
+7 495 728-5000
Website – U.S. Embassy Moscow
- U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
15 Gogol Street
+7 (343) 379-3001
After hours – +7 (917) 569-3549
Website – U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
- U.S. Consular Agency Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk
Lada Hotel, Suite 210
154 Komsomolskaya Street
+7-4242-42-49-17 (Mondays and Thursdays, 0900-1300)
After hours – +7-914-704-07 62
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- Russia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter