Demonstration Alert: U.S. Mission Russia (August 3, 2020)
Location: Khabarovsk and other cities in the Far East and Siberia
Event: The Embassy is aware of media reports of recurring protests in Khabarovsk and other cities in the Far East and Siberia, including:
- In Khabarovsk, at Lenin Square and continuing along Muravyeva-Amurskogo and Turgeneva Streets on weekends at noon and on weekdays after work, and
- In Vladivostok, at the Central Square and continuing along Svetlanskaya Street and other central streets on Saturdays and Sundays at noon.
U.S. citizens should avoid these demonstrations and any other demonstration-related activities.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid any areas where demonstrations may be taking place.
- Avoid crowds.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Russian visa.
U.S. Embassy Moscow, Russia
- +7 495 728-5000
- Afterhours – +7 495 728-5000
- Website – U.S. Embassy Moscow
U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
- +7 (343) 379-3001
- After hours – +7 (917) 569-3549
- Website – U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
U.S. Consular Agency Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk
- +7-4242-42-49-17 (Mondays and Thursdays, 0900-1300)
- Afterhours – +7-914-704-07 62
State Department – Consular Affairs