Event: According to social media, there are plans for a demonstration in Pushkin Square, Moscow at 19:00 in support of Ukraine. There is heightened police presence in the area. U.S. citizens should avoid this demonstration and any other demonstrations or demonstration-related activities in Moscow.
Given the possibility of crowds, you should be aware of guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus, which includes avoiding large crowds, distancing yourself from others, and wearing cloth face coverings in public settings.
There is the potential for related, unauthorized demonstrations in other Russian cities. The Embassy may not always be aware of the exact time and place of these events in advance. U.S. citizens should avoid these demonstrations and any demonstration-related activities.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local and international media for updates.
- Avoid the area.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Russian visa.
- U.S. Embassy Moscow, Russia
+(7) (495) 728-5577
After hours – +(7) (495) 728-5000
Website – U.S. Embassy Moscow
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Russia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter