Location: Moscow, Russia ‑ Downtown Moscow near Chistye Prudy Metro Station
Event: Supporters of a jailed Russian journalist have scheduled a protest for June 12, 2019 at 12:00 noon. A procession from Chistye Prudy Metro to major streets south and west of the initial marshaling area (Myasnitskaya – Lubyanka – Kuznetskiy Most – Stoleshnikov – Bolshaya Dmitrovka – finishing at Petrovka 38) will follow the protest. Heavy police presence is expected.
Given the possible size of the protest, the large police presence, and the fact that it coincides with a local holiday (Russia Day), U.S. citizens should avoid the protest site.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid the area.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Russian visa.
U.S. Embassy Moscow, Russia
- +(7) (495) 728-5577
- Afterhours – +(7) (495) 728-5000
- Website – U.S. Embassy Moscow
U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
- +7 (343) 379-3001
- Afterhours – +7 (917) 569-3549
- Website- U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
U.S. Consulate General Vladivostok
- +7 (423) 230-0070
- Afterhours – +7 (914) 791-0067
- Website –U.S. Consulate General Vladivostok
State Department – Consular Affairs