February 2, 2021
Location: Moscow, Russia
Event: Media sources indicate that demonstrators may gather at Bogorodsky val street, 8 in support of a Russian opposition activist. The location of the demonstration may move, and streets may be closed in the surrounding area. Recent, unauthorized demonstrations have seen a heavy police presence and a large number of arrests.
Given the likely substantial police presence and arrests of demonstrators, U.S. citizens should avoid this gathering and any related activities.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid the area.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Russian visa.
- U.S. Embassy Moscow, Russia
+(7) (495) 728-5577
Afterhours – +(7) (495) 728-5000
Website – U.S. Embassy Moscow
- U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
+7 (343) 379-3001
Afterhours – +7 (917) 569-3549
Website – U.S. Consulate General Yekaterinburg
- U.S. Consulate General Vladivostok
+7 (423) 230-0070
Afterhours – +7 (914) 791-0067
Website – U.S. Consulate General Vladivostok
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Russia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter